Tuesday, September 1, 2009

An Introduction

Hi and welcome to my brand new blog. This is separate from my personal blog because this one will deal solely with my view on religion and lack of. I decided to start this because dealing with random tweets of only 140 characters just doesn't cut it sometimes.

I hope you (the reader) will understand that as an atheist, I am not a raving lunatic crying out to end all holidays. In fact, I really enjoy Christmas. I love getting together with my family and watching all the kids open gifts and get super excited about their new toys. I miss those days actually, but we all have to grow up eventually.

One day those kids will learn that there is no Santa, no tooth fairy, and no monster in their closet. And if they're anything like me, they'll start to question everything they're parents ever taught them and learn that even though we're tricked into believing some pretty outrageous stuff, it doesn't mean our parents don't love us.

It's great to question everything. You learn a lot and life is just so much more interesting. I used to thing analyzing books and movies for homework assignments took the fun out of them, but when I learned how to do it properly, I found an even greater respect for those forms of entertainment.

Same goes for the Bible. Now that I have a better understanding of history and culture, I can respect what the Bible was trying to do. I just also think that when children grow up, it's time to put childish things away.

Hope you find this blog interesting and I will do my best to respond to everyone. Including those of you who want nothing more than to convert me. (Which won't happen if you've ever studied Christianity from a historical viewpoint). And if I can't answer your question, I promise to do my best to research an answer or put you in touch with someone smarter than I.

No comments:

Post a Comment